This is the second symposium on Machine Learning at the New York Academy of Sciences. The primary goal of this symposium is to build a community of scientists in machine learning from the NYC area's academic, government, and industrial institutions by convening and promoting the exchange of ideas in a neutral setting.
- Corinna Cortes, Ph.D. , Google, Inc.
- Tony Jebara, Ph.D., Columbia University
- Michael L. Littman, Ph.D., Rutgers University
- Mehryar Mohri, Ph.D., Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- David Waltz, Ph.D., Columbia University
- 9:30 AM - Coffee and Poster Set-Up
- 10:00 AM - Opening Remarks
- 10:15 AM - Leslie Pack Kaelbling, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 11:00 AM -Yishay Mansour, Google & Tel Aviv University
- 11:45 AM - Graduate Student Talks
- Jennifer Wortman and Jinsong Tan, University of Pennsylvania
- Afshin Rostamizadeh, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Umar Syed, Princeton University
- Boulos Harb, Google
- Yingbo Song, Columbia University
- Alexander Strehl, Yahoo! Research
- 12:15 PM - Lunch/Poster Session
- 2:00 PM - Fernando Pereira, University of Pennsylvania
- 2:45 PM - Michael Littman, Rutgers University
- 3:30 PM - Student Award Winner Announcement/Closing Remarks
We wish to also acknowledge support from the Machine Learning Journal.