Last Updated: September 25, 2015
Information We May Collect
If you sign up to become a Member of the Academy, make a donation, subscribe to an e-newsletter or other e-mail service, or request additional information about the Academy through the Website or participate in any of the Services, we may request personal information, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and birth year, in order to respond to your inquiries or provide services to you. Also, if you make a membership payment or donation or make a purchase via the Website, the Academy will collect the financial information necessary to do so. In addition, from time to time, we may request information from you through online surveys, sweepstakes, or other promotions. Your participation in these activities, including the disclosure of any requested personal information, is completely voluntary.
The Academy may also collect information through IP addresses or environmental variables, such as the domain from which you access the Website, the time you accessed the Website, type of web browser and operating system or platform you use to access the Website, and the pages you visit while accessing the Website. [We use this information only for the purpose of better serving our Members and other visitors to the Website and do not disclose this information to any third parties.]
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track ("DNT") is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not use technology that recognizes DNT signals from your web browser.
How We May Use Information
We may use personal information obtained in connection with the Services for the following purposes:
- To fulfill and process your membership requests and donations.
- To fulfill and process your requests for information, publications, and services.
- To provide information about the Academy and its activities, products, and services to you.
- To contact winners of contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions and award prizes.
- To personalize content to meet your needs and interests.
- To allow you to update your information.
- For our marketing and promotional purposes.
- To improve the quality and value of our products and services.
- To make your experience accessing and using the Services as pleasant and useful as possible.
How We May Share Information
- If you request or authorize it.
- To complete a transaction or provide a service requested by you.
- To our third-party service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting, order fulfillment, infrastructure, network storage, customer service, technical support, and promotional services.
- To comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations and governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders, and subpoenas.
- To protect our rights, property, and safety or the rights, property, and safety of our users and others.
- If the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets) or in the event of bankruptcy.
- When particular event attendee lists are made available to other attendees and sponsors of the same event.
- We will not disclose or store financial information, except as necessary to process membership payments, donation requests, and purchases.
Your Choices About Your Personal Information
You may manage certain collection and sharing of information in connection with your access and use of the Services as follows:
- You may visit the Website without revealing any personal information. However, if you do so, we will be unable to contact you with information about the Services and you will be unable to enter in any sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions offered in connection with the Services. In addition, your ability to access and use certain features of the Services may be limited.
- You may adjust your web browser's settings to inform you when cookies are being set, to block all or certain types of cookies, or to erase all cookies. However, if you choose to block or erase cookies, the performance of certain features of the Services may be limited or not work at all.
- You may opt not to receive promotional emails or other communications from us by contacting us as provided below in the "Contact Us" section or by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any promotional email or other communication you receive from us. Please note, however, that we may still send you non-promotional emails about your relationship with us. We will do our best to honor all opt-out requests in a timley manner and in compliance with governing regulations. However, you may still receive some promotional communications after you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such communications because our promotional mailings and other communications are often prepared well in advance of our actual mailings and communications.
You have the option to tell us not to share your personal information with our affiliates and other third parties who may use your personal Information to market to you directly. To opt-out of this sharing, please contact us as provided below in the "Contact Us" section.
Your California Privacy Rights
For California Residents Only: We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates and other third parties who may use your personal information to market to you directly.
You have the option to tell us not to share your personal information with our affiliates and other third parties who may use your personal information to market to you directly. To opt-out of this sharing, please contact us as provided below in the "Contact Us" section. We will not share your personal information with our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes after we receive your notice that you are opting out of such sharing.
We use commercially reasonable security measures, such as encryption technologies and physical safeguards, to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration. However, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
Protecting Children's Privacy
The Academy is committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Services are not directed at, or intended to be attractive to, children younger than 13 years old, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the Services or submit any information to us.
Updating Your Information
It is important to us that we have your correct contact information so that you receive publications, communications, products, and services. You may change or update your personal information by using the "Login" or "My Profile" links on the Website. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Copyright and Trademark Notice