Chemical Engineering Discussion Group
The Chemical Engineering Discussion Group brings together a diverse group of scientists from academia, industry, and national laboratories to share new and relevant information at the frontiers of research and development. We focus in particular on our graduate students and young researchers, with the goal of building networks for their professional development and advancement.
1. Determine industry needs vis-à-vis student training
2. Encourage industry recruitment as well as foster entrepreneurship
3. Create a forum for discussions about the profession and its future
4. Cover areas in the field that aren't discussed elsewhere
5. Raise awareness of chemical engineering in the community
6. Discuss policy issues relevant to chemical engineering community, public, and regulatory agencies such as EPA