Travel and Accommodation
Interstellar Initiative - Travel and Accommodation
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for the duration of the workshops. For each workshop, eligible participants will receive:
- A 3-night stay at an Academy partner hotel.
- A $150 travel stipend for their transportation to and from airports and train stations.
- Reimbursement up to the maximum limits outlined below for economy class air travel (or train/car travel) and travel insurance.
Airfare, Trainfare, or Car Mileage/Parking Maximum Reimbursement Totals (includes travel insurance):
- From East Coast USA to NYC: Up to USD $525.00
- From Middle USA to NYC: Up to USD $740.00
- From West Coast USA to NYC: Up to USD $1,050.00
- From Canada, Central/South America, Europe to NYC: Up to USD $1,275.00
- From Africa, Asia (non-Japan), Africa, Australia, Middle East to NYC: Up to USD $2,600.00
- From Japan to NYC: Up to USD $2,600.00
Please note that according to the Academy’s travel policy, participation in this conference does not include travel reimbursements or accommodation for individuals who are local to metro New York City or from industry.
For directions and more information about travel to The New York Academy of Sciences, visit our Directions, Travel, and Lodging page, here.