STEM Exchange: Research and Career Symposium
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
The New York Academy of Sciences, 7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich St Fl 40, New York
The New York Academy of Sciences
To help inspire the next generation of STEM leaders, PepsiCo and the New York Academy of Sciences are proud to announce this year’s STEM Exchange: Research and Career Symposium.
Now in its 10th year, this unique event will give 50 exceptional students and early career scientists (MS, PhD, postdoc) an opportunity to present their research, engage with PepsiCo’s R&D leaders and discover first-hand how a STEM degree can open doors outside of academia.
Eligible applicants from around the world are encouraged to apply. Travel awards will be considered on a case-by-case basis to encourage national and international participation.
Submit your application by May 25, 2018
About this Event
On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, PepsiCo and the New York Academy of Sciences will host this year’s STEM Exchange – an interactive research forum and networking symposium, held at the Academy's headquarters in New York City.
Following a thorough review of all applications, 50 exceptional students and early career scientists (MS, PhD, postdoc) will be selected to attend. As part of the symposium’s agenda, attendees will be invited to participate in a poster session, where they will present their research to PepsiCo's R&D leaders. This event will also give attendees a chance to learn more about the company's deep scientific and technological expertise, connect with peers from various STEM fields, and discover first-hand how valuable a STEM degree can be when launching a career outside academia.
Participation and final selection is by application only. When applying, eligible candidates should meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Actively engaged in research relating to at least one of the following fields of study:
- Engineering (Material Sciences, Environmental, Packaging, Chemical, etc.)
- Food Science (Agriculture, Food Chemistry, Sensory Science, etc.)
- Life Science (Nutrition, Biochemistry, Toxicology, etc.)
- Technology (Big Data, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Completed applications must include a short abstract describing the research (please see application form for comprehensive details)
- Applicants must obtain authorization from their current manager/supervisor prior to submitting their application and abstract
- All applications must be submitted in English
- All applications must be submitted by Friday, May 25, 2018
Please note that your research does not need to have a direct application to the food and beverage industry. In fact, every application received will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Innovative research design
- Feasibility of the study
- Quality of the research
- Excellence in writing
How to Apply
The application process for the STEM Exchange is open to students and early career scientists from all countries and territories worldwide. Start your application by clicking here.
Applicants should submit the application form on or before Friday, May 25th, 2018 to ScienceAlliance@NYAS.org with the subject line “August Career Day”.
All applications are due by Friday, May 25, 2018.
For questions regarding this year’s STEM Exchange or the application process, please contact ScienceAlliance@nyas.org.