STEM Camp: STEM and Fashion
Monday, August 13, 2018 - Friday, August 17, 2018
The New York Academy of Sciences, 7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich St Fl 40, New York
The New York Academy of Sciences
STEM and Fashion
The New York Academy of Sciences is proud to offer STEM Camp from August 13-17, 2018. Over the course of five days, students in 5th-8th grades will work alongside scientists from some of New York City’s leading institutions in a range of hands-on activities to expand their skills in multiple STEM areas.
- Learning how technology is changing how clothing is designed and made. Examples will range from athletic wear to high fashion.
- Solve engineering challenges by working with their peers to create solutions
- Opportunities to meet STEM professionals working in the field
- Exploring the fun in STEM!
Over the course of this five-day Science Camp, students will gain:
- Leadership skills through STEM design challenges
- Communication techniques that allow them to share STEM concepts with their peers
- Scientific collaboration and engineering skills
- Teamwork and problem-solving experience
Students will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
Introduction to STEM and Fashion: Using the elements of Define, Design, Develop, and Deploy students will learn how designers are making clothing that is innovative and fashionable!
Leadership and Teamwork: Students will learn the skills sets for leadership and how to be a good leader in the STEM world, with exposure to real world examples of teenagers who are STEM leaders. Students will practice their skills through a variety of hands-on challenges.
Field Trips: Students will visit design studio and meet young designers on the forefront of this industry. On days when students are not on field trips there will be recreational time outdoors in nearby Rockefeller Park.
Registration is not yet open for this Camp. To be notified when registration opens, please click on the SUBSCRIBE button above.