Cultivating Your Network to Advance your Career
Thursday, July 25, 2019, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The New York Academy of Sciences, 7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich St Fl 40, New York
Confidence in the value you offer—otherwise known as your “brand”—is critical to your career. Your brand is the first impression that determines whether someone you meet will want to engage with you and build a relationship with you. And it’s those relationships that, throughout the course of your career, will lead you to job referrals, job offers, business deals and more.
The promise of this workshop is twofold:
- Developing your value proposition so you can build your brand.
- Learning to communicate your brand in order to grow the relationships that will lead you to opportunities.
Through a combination of lectures, individual exercises and small group exercises, this workshop will specifically teach you:
- Best practices for creating a LinkedIn profile that furthers your brand.
- How to initiate connections and grow them into relationships through LinkedIn.
- Strategies you can use to grow relationships with people you meet in person.
- How to alleviate “approach anxiety” so you can meet and engage with more people, both online and in person.