Interstellar Initiative - Travel and Accommodation
Interstellar Initiative 2021-2022: Travel and Accommodation
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for the duration of the second workshop. Eligible participants will receive:
- A 3-night stay at an Academy partner hotel for the second workshop (February 2022).
- A $150 travel stipend for their transportation to and from airports and train stations at the second workshop.
- Reimbursement up to the maximum limits outlined below for economy class air travel (or train/car travel) and travel insurance for the second workshop.
Airfare, Trainfare, or Car Mileage/Parking Maximum Reimbursement Totals (includes travel insurance):
- From the Tri State Area (outside NYC) to NYC: Up to USD $160.00
- From East Coast USA to NYC: Up to USD $400.00
- From Middle USA to NYC: Up to USD $480.00
- From West Coast USA to NYC: Up to USD $600.00
- From Canada, Central/South America, Europe to NYC: Up to USD $880.00
- From Africa, Asia, Africa, Australia, Middle East to NYC: Up to USD $1,840.00
Submit all receipts to email@example.com. Please note that according to the Academy’s travel policy, participation in this conference does not include travel reimbursements or accommodation for individuals who are local to metro New York City or from industry.
For directions and more information about travel to The New York Academy of Sciences, visit our Directions, Travel, and Lodging page, here.
*Note that those unable to travel to New York will be able to participate virtually. At this time, the second workshop is planned to be convened in person. We continue to monitor public health guidelines and travel restrictions and will make updates to the program if necessary with the safety of all participants in mind. An update regarding whether the February workshop will be held virtually or in person will be made by November 1, 2021.