Interstellar Initiative - Travel and Accommodation
The first workshop in the 2020-2021 workshop will convene virtually. The second workshop is currently planned to convene as scheduled in February 2021. We continue to monitor the spread of the coronavirus and will make updates to the program if necessary with the safety of all participants in mind.
Interstellar Initiative February 2021 workshop: Travel and Accommodation
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for the duration of the workshop. Eligible participants will receive:
- A 3-night stay at an Academy partner hotel for the second Workshop (February 8–9, 2021).
- A $150 travel stipend for their transportation to and from airports and train stations for each workshop.
- Reimbursement up to the maximum limits outlined below for economy class air travel (or train/car travel) and travel insurance for each workshop.
Airfare, Trainfare, or Car Mileage/Parking Maximum Reimbursement Totals (includes travel insurance):
- From the Tri State Area (outside NYC) to NYC: Up to USD $200.00
- From East Coast USA to NYC: Up to USD $500.00
- From Middle USA to NYC: Up to USD $600.00
- From West Coast USA to NYC: Up to USD $750.00
- From Canada, Central/South America, Europe to NYC: Up to USD $1,100.00
- From Africa, Asia, Africa, Australia, Middle East to NYC: Up to USD $2,300.00
Submit all receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that according to the Academy’s travel policy, participation in this conference does not include travel reimbursements or accommodation for individuals who are local to metro New York City or from industry.
For directions and more information about travel to The New York Academy of Sciences, visit our Directions, Travel, and Lodging page, here.