Online Course: Cybersecurity and Healthcare Sector
Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:00 AM - Monday, November 29, 2021, 11:59 PM EST
The New York Academy of Sciences
Asynchronous Course: May, 2021 - December 2021
"Research data has never been more at risk than before. Academia, Hospitals and Industry are transitioning to digitizing data but the cyberthreats are also increasing and so is data infringement and privacy!”
This is a 2 hour-long asynchronous course that you can take at your own pace. The course examines the pervasive threats of cybersecurity against academic institutions and healthcare organizations conducting research using patient data, privacy as well as impact on patient care devices. Completing this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to translate risk awareness into improved cybersecurity practice. In our increasingly online world, individuals who are “cyber smart” are not only protecting their investments, they are in high demand by employers.
You will receive a link for the course within 48 hours of registering for the course. This course meets the cybersecurity training requirements as required by Canada, US and UK/Europe.
“Whether student or employee, the value of these modules are to reinforce the importance of fundamental cybersecurity knowledge and training to ensure that all types of technology users remain vigilant and participate in supporting the need for cybersecurity in daily personal and professional life. The content is delivered in a user-friendly, interesting and compelling manner so as to ensure that the learning experience will be meaningful while highly informative for our digital world.”
Lucy Mancini Newell, MBA, FHIMSS
The Kiran Consortium Group
Who is this course for?
- Researchers in Healthcare Sector
- Public Health Researchers
- Medical Researchers and Professionals
- Biotech and Biopharma Professionals
What do I need for the course?
- Do I need any coding background? No, this course is aimed at Non-IT professionals.
- You need a functioning computer with decent internet
What will you learn during this course?
- Identify statistics related to security breaches i.e. the Threat Landscape
- Explain the consequences of cybercrime events and the potential impact to an organization
- Outline five common pervasive cybersecurity threats and how to guard against them
- Describe data breach scenarios and common features between them
Following the completion of the course you will earn a digital badge that you can share on your LinkedIn Profile.
- Qualify for cybersecurity insurance discounts through major cybersecurity insurance providers
- Meet US, Canadian and UK/European cybersecurity training requirements upon completion of all micro-courses.
- Qualify for Continuing Education hours depending on your professional designation
- Gain necessary upskills, future skills and develop the necessary cybersecurity governance skills sets
- Building and defining digital competencies among your profession and NYAS communities