What You Need to Know About Omicron and Future Coronavirus Variants
Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM EST
The New York Academy of Sciences
Since the World Health Organization designation of the coronavirus strain B.1.1.529 — dubbed Omicron — as a variant of concern, research has intensified to determine if it is indeed more dangerous than previous variants.
This 75-minute webinar will explore the most recent learnings on the virology and epidemiology of Omicron and what this means for the world as SARS-CoV-2 continues to evolve.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The latest information available on the molecular nature of the Omicron variant,
- Current thinking on whether the Omicron strain poses a greater public health risk than previous coronavirus variants,
- Where Omicron has spread and how surveillance is being conducted,
- How we can reduce the likelihood of new variants from forming,
- The best ways to stay safe from Omicron and future variants.
The Rockefeller Foundation’s Pandemic Prevention Institute
Commissioner, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
University of Pennsylvania
New York Academy of Sciences