JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant to the EVP & COO
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support cross-departmentally to the organization’s senior leaders including the Chief Scientific Officer, Senior Vice President, Advancement, and others. The Administrative Assistant will also provide project management support to leaders.
As part of an administrative pool and under the direct supervision of the Executive Assistant to the EVP & COO, the Administrative Assistant has primary responsibility for providing a full range of administrative support for the organization’s leadership. Primary accountabilities are listed below.
- Provides administrative support to members of the leadership team, including but not limited to proactively managing calendars, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, drafting, editing, and proof-reading letters and other documents, preparing agendas and recording minutes, completing expenses reports, and initiating follow-up in a timely manner.
- Assists with the coordination of a range of complex special events, often including high-level attendees. Coordinate logistical arrangements, assist with drafting agendas and oversee the production and distribution of materials.
- Additional tasks as required for administrative support of the Executive team’s function as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 2-3 years relevant work experience in administrative support role required.
- This position requires a high level of professionalism, organization, and collaboration, as well as the ability to handle confidential materials with discretion.
- Evidence of analytic and research skills to gather and determine essential data from a variety of independent sources. Microsoft Office experience required.
- Must have excellent communication and phone skills, be able to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and complete work effectively and efficiently both independently and collaboratively on a team.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. The standard workweek is 35 hours unless otherwise noted.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and desired salary to be considered.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to an actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.