JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Community and Social Media Manager
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Community and Social Media Manager, this individual will assist in executing the Academy’s community engagement strategy, which includes our social media, ambassador, influencer, and newsletter programs. As part of the Academy’s marketing team, the ideal candidate will contribute to our marketing transformation vision. We are looking for candidates who want to grow with us.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with experience in social media and digital marketing who can help grow brand visibility and global reach while also meeting program goals, including event registration, customer acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Assist in the development of NYAS ambassador and influencer programs.
- Support social media campaigns development and asset creation from concept through execution and analysis phases.
- Collaborate on the creation of select campaigns, the Academy newsletter program, and website promotion.
- Assist in the development of NYAS ambassador strategy which includes inviting new participants and engaging current ambassadors, providing ambassadors with promotional tools, and monitoring impact.
- Research social media influencers in clearly defined topical areas. Support outreach efforts.
- Create social content, including social cards and other types of multimedia.
- Contribute to the updating of our Asana content calendars.
- From newsletter brief, build newsletters and ensure approvals from stakeholders.
- Maintain calendar of website promotion slots and work with web team to execute.
- Partners on social media reporting on a weekly and monthly basis, providing insights & areas of opportunity to the broader internal team.
- Creates campaign reporting for newsletters and other campaigns.
- Supports in the planning and execution of select multichannel campaigns.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No direct supervision.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in digital marketing (social media, email marketing, web marketing, etc.)
- Experience in any of the following creative areas: creating content, digital storytelling, multimedia production, and/or copyrighting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate simultaneous projects, across numerous teams, and move quickly from idea to implementation.
- Prior experience in a science-based organization, nonprofit, association, or academic institution is a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with Academy tools is a plus but not required (Sprout Social, MailChimp, Instapage, Google Analytics, Cvent, Asana, and Airtable).
WORK SCHEDULE & ENVIRONMENT:
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
Academy employees will be offered an option to work remotely, however employees must be based in New York.
This is a largely sedentary role.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this role is $50,000- $55,000 annually. This is Full-time, non-exempt position.
In addition to salary commensurate with experience, the Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes affordable health insurance, retirement plan with matching employer contribution, personal & career development stipend as well as liberal paid time off policies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and desired salary.