JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant (Calendar Management & Travel)
REPORTS TO: President and Chief Executive Officer
Provide administrative and scheduling support to the President and CEO. Handle and arrange all travel and calendar appointments for the President. Represent the Executive Office in a professional manner while interacting with members, staff, Board of Governors Members, institutions, corporations and other liaisons to the President.
- Maintain and update the President/CEO’s calendar for internal and external Academy events and meetings
- Conduct research as appropriate for all meetings of the President/CEO
- Working with the President/CEO and the EVP/COO arrange and schedule all travel arrangements for the President
- Maintain Presidents/CEO’s presentation materials relevant to his/her travel and meeting schedule
- Serve as back-up for essential duties of the Special Assistant to the President/CEO in his absence or during busy periods
- Prepare monthly corporate expense reports and business travel expense reports
- Update all contacts in President’s contact database
- Complete confirmations and reconfirmations for all calendar entries
- Arrange meeting room reservations and catering through Academy EMS system when required
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position does not supervise others.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Ten years administrative experience with at least five years at the Executive level managing calendars and coordinating international travel and logistics.
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (particularly Outlook).
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- High degree of judgment, flexibility, teamwork skills, and discretion required.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Examples world be lifting files, opening filling cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity and equal consideration will be afforded to all personnel actions involving applicants and employees, including (but not limited to) recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, job assignments, working conditions, rates of pay or other compensation, discipline, transfer and layoff, or termination.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to both full-time and part-time staff that includes affordable health care insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, and liberal vacation time and holiday schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and desired salary.