REPORTS TO: Manager, Membership & Customer Engagement
The Front Desk Administrator serves as the first point of contact for visitors at the Academy. They are responsible for greeting and assisting visitors and responding to customer inquiries received by telephone, e-mail, or via postal mail.
- Greet visitors to the Academy, directing them to their destination or contacting staff members to escort them; offer seating, coat rooms, literature and courteous assistance.
- Operate main switchboard, receiving and routing calls, logging messages in the customer service platform, and providing telephone assistance.
- Provide security watch in lobby area, advising Facilities when unusual situations require assistance; maintain awareness of emergency call procedures and utilize if required.
- Maintain reception area information resources and renewing stocks of informational materials, membership applications, magazines and newsletters for display and visitor use.
- Provide customers with accurate information on scheduled events and special promotions.
- Provide onsite event registration support for events, in conjunction with the Meeting & Events Operations team.
- Process membership and event registration transactions in AMS system according to established guidelines. Issue compensation or refunds to customers when required, and maintain accurate and timely records of all correspondences and/or discussions with customers in the customer service system.
- Accept messenger and catering deliveries, recording information and advising recipients.
- Assist Academy departments with data entry, typing, mail preparation and other clerical tasks as requested on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Follow security procedures for opening or closing Academy premises.
- Respond to general requests for information on conferences and other meetings.
- Monitor and respond to general voicemail and e-mail boxes via the customer service platform.
- Create and maintain customer records in the AMS system; update customer records based on return mail, process membership orders and transactions.
- Perform related duties, as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Membership or Registration database experience a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Customer Service experience in an education or non-profit organization a plus.
- Strong experience with personal computer applications including Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail Merge, Internet, web-based event registration systems, and use of database management systems. HTML experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, organizational and follow-up skills.
None. As needed, acts as lead when handing off duties/ tasks to others.
WORK SCHEDULE/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
Academy employees work on a hybrid schedule with in-office days scheduled by management. Employees must be based in New York.
This is a largely sedentary role.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: 27.47 per Hour ($50,000 annual equivalent)
This is Full-time, non-exempt position. In addition to salary, the Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes affordable health insurance, retirement plan with matching employer contribution, personal & career development stipend as well as liberal paid time off policies.
Additional Work Schedule/ Work Environment information:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Examples world be lifting files, opening filling cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.