JOB TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Human Resources
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department. Provide support in areas of recruitment, onboarding, performance management, payroll and benefits administration.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support in Human Resources Department including calendar management, data management and project support.
- Support recruitment and onboarding: review job descriptions, post job ads, review applications and conduct initial screening, schedule interviews and follow-up, assist with reference checking); own the pre-boarding process (e.g. preparing offer letter, work with hiring managers on onboarding, conduct new hire training); initiate/prepare new hire (e.g. entry into payroll & HRIS system), and termination/ leaver processing.
- Assist with preparation and submission of bi-weekly payroll; send timecard reminders; review timecards and prepare paydata batches in ADP Workforce Now. Act as backup for payroll processing.
- Benefits administration: review and pay monthly invoices from carriers; ensure changes are submitted on a timey basis to carriers, fund retirement and flexible spending accounts, assist with open enrollment and year-end processes.
- Coordinate HR events including seminars, employee meetings (e.g. townhall, focus groups, training & development, open enrollment.)
- Focus on data integrity. Enter and maintain data in HRIS (ADP Workforce Now). Upload data and maintain digital copies of employees' records into HCM and cloud- based system.
- Produce and distribute weekly/monthly reports (e.g. paid time off, metrics, overtime reports).
- Assist with the Performance Management Process: reviewing & updating job descriptions, manage performance review platform and answer questions related to appraisal completion.
- Ensure Academy is in compliance with posting notices, updating policies and forms as needed.
- Answer internal HR policy and procedure inquiries from employees.
- At least 1 year supporting Human Resources operations.
- Solid computer skills and strong organizational skills required.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and dependability.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
Academy employees work on a hybrid schedule with in-office days scheduled by management. Employees must be based in New York.
This is a largely sedentary role.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $24.72 per Hour ($45,000 annually) - $27.47 per Hour ($50,000 annually).
This is Full-time, non-exempt position.
In addition to salary, the Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes affordable health insurance, retirement plan with matching employer contribution, personal & career development stipend as well as liberal paid time off policies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.