REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Relations
As a 501(c) (3) charity organization, the Academy seeks philanthropic support to carry out its mission and ensure that the institution has the resources, talent, and ability to deliver its innovative programs. The Academy is seeking a Manager of Corporate Relations to complement a team of Development professionals in its work to secure partnerships and financial support to drive its initiatives.
Working with the Director of Corporate Relations and the full Development team, the Manager, Corporate Relations will be responsible for managing and advancing all aspects of a $3 million portfolio of corporate accounts to meet revenue goals in support of a suite of programs. S/he will maintain our strong partnerships and relationships, both internally and across multiple industries including pharmaceutical/biotech, food/beverage, energy, finance, law, real estate, chemicals, manufacturing, and others. S/he will be responsible for implementing the fundraising strategy in concert with the Director of Corporate Relations and managing efforts of Development staff as needed to achieve success and meet revenue goals, including identifying prospects, cultivating, and stewarding partnerships, as well as renewing support from existing partners.
- Develop compelling sponsorship solicitation materials and robust prospect lists for a variety of non-traditional events, including scientific and educational convenings.
- Oversee outreach and follow up and ensure deliverables are met. Coordinate Academy-wide efforts and provide weekly reports to senior executives
- Identify new prospects for support of existing programs, with specific emphasis on nutrition programs
- Work with Director, Corporate Relations and Membership department to oversee corporate membership portfolio, and develop process to leverage membership benefits to secure and retain private sector funders
Revenue: Maximize the corporate support of current supporters. With the Director, Corporate Relations, identify, strategize, and cultivate prospect leads and new donors and sponsors from industry to support Academy programs, with the goal of securing multiple new 5-6+-figure contributions. Provide stewardship and communications to existing corporate partners and secure ongoing support.
Prospect Research, Proposal, and Report Management: Develop and coordinate corporate prospect research, strategy, and solicitations including: cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation activity for corporate prospects, partners, and supporters. Write and submit proposals and reports directly with assistance as needed from program and other development staff. Participate in weekly development meetings to share activity updates.
Reporting and Analysis: Develop and coordinate reports as required to industry partners. Maintain, update and use donor database (The Raiser’s Edge) for event list generation, updating contacts, and reporting/analysis that measure progress against department goals.
Stewardship: Develop and implement processes for stewardship for corporate donors, to increase donor retention
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, science, engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong background or demonstrated interest in science.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in development with knowledge of corporate giving and sponsorship, including CSR programs, events and sponsorship, and corporate outreach programs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed revenue projections, by securing 5-6+-figure contributions.
- Advanced skills in project management and budget.
- Superior writing, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Ability to work within a team framework and manage teams and projects.
- Ability to think creatively and to innovate.
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability skills with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate large responsibility and shifting priorities.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Examples world be lifting files, opening filling cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.