DEPARTMENT: Membership (Network Engagement)
REPORTS TO: SVP, Communications & Network Engagement
The Academy is embarking on an ambitious effort to expand its membership, while bringing to life a new vision for “Third Century Membership”: a passionate, engaged community of experts, working on behalf of science and society. We are seeking a Membership Acquisition Manager to join the team and oversee the development and execution of a clearly defined strategy to drive new Member acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Create, manage, and execute Membership acquisition marketing campaigns.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline to acquire new organizational Membership accounts in academia & industry.
- Ensure existing institutional Memberships are renewed through effective relationship management, & strategies to engage organizational Members.
- Develop and enhance the Membership value proposition, improve and update Membership marketing pages on the Academy website, and ensure that Membership messaging is embedded in all Academy communications and activities.
- Improve and support a seamless Member join experience across Academy platforms, including the database, website and Customer Service interactions
- Act as key Membership liaison with the Academy’s Customer Service team, to include providing guidance on Member interactions, and instructions on the creation and maintenance of organizational Memberships.
- Implement tactical plans that are timely and achieve targeted results that meet/exceed budgeted goals.
- Manage external vendor relationships to ensure smooth and efficient fulfillment of Membership benefits and activities to drive new Member acquisition.
- Research and analyze the existing demographics of the Member and non-Member universes. Conduct and analyze market research to determine competition, and areas of opportunity for new Member acquisition.
- Learn and manage the reporting functions of the Academy’s enterprise-wide customer service database, Association Anywhere.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Three+ years of Membership and/or new Customer Acquisition experience at both the strategic and executional levels.
- Proven track record of excellent performance in meeting targets and objectives.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, and relationship management skills are critical.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes and be able to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels. Prior experience in science-based organizations is a plus, but not mandatory.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Examples would be lifting files, opening filling cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity and equal consideration will be afforded to all personnel actions involving applicants and employees, including (but not limited to) recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, job assignments, working conditions, rates of pay or other compensation, discipline, transfer and layoff, or termination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.