JOB TITLE: Manager of Membership & Network Engagement
REPORTS TO: Vice President
The Manager of Membership & Network Engagement will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications, and operational plans to improve overall membership retention, enhance the digital user experience (UX) of members, and drive member engagement across the Academy.
- Develop, implement, and refine end-to-end communications strategies for welcoming, engaging, and retaining key membership segments.
- Supervise the quality, effectiveness, and timeliness of key membership-related processes (e.g., member onboarding, renewals, engagement tracking, automated reporting), and identify opportunities for refinement.
- Lead community outreach to drive engagement, participation and connectivity within key membership segments.
- Evaluate and monitor all membership-related aspects of the nyas.org UX, including, but not limited to, online join/renewal pages, online member dashboard, and key network engagement products, programs, and services.
- Track, analyze, and report on key business metrics and user data from CRM reporting, web analytics; design, launch, and analyze biannual member survey data.
- Plan and manage the NYAS Annual Meeting as well as other key members-only opportunities/programs, projects, and network engagement initiatives.
- Manage relationships with existing organizational members, in close collaboration with Development and Education teams.
Communications Strategy and Outreach
- Identify linkages and opportunities to engage key membership segments across NYAS programs.
- Develop compelling, actionable content that features NYAS members and promotes membership and related NYAS programming.
- Work in partnership with the Marketing and Communications teams to ensure that Membership messaging and value proposition are embedded in all outgoing communications, and to design and execute digital strategies for new Member acquisition.
Project Management and Member UX
- Establish and track key metrics related to recruitment, engagement and/or renewals, to include working with Web, IT, and Customer Service teams to ensure that collection of key metrics is supported in NYAS technology platforms.
- Work with Program teams to identify and/or create opportunities (e.g., events, benefits, etc.) designed to engage members in NYAS programs.
- Define member UX and provide quality assurance on all membership-related database enhancements and website development.
- Work closely with Web and Operations teams, and external developers, to generate product requirement specs, prototypes, and engage in usability testing to launch digital programs, products, and services that enhance the digital member UX.
Stewardship of existing and new organizational Members
- Drive new partnerships with new organizational Members, including universities, research institutions.
- Report on membership renewal efforts, including pulling data and metrics to provide detailed information on pipeline status.
- Identify opportunities to cultivate and expand new partnerships through continuous engagement with Academy program staff.
- Ensure newly acquired organizational Members are kept up to date on the Academy’s program offerings and maintain a strong engagement.
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, public policy, education, community development, or related fields highly preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience engaging and activating community groups through social media, creative communications and/or field management techniques. Experience with STEM organizations and/or communities a plus. Experience in fundraising &/or business development, B2B sales & relationship management, or membership acquisition preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills; strong analytical, strategic planning, and relationship management skills are critical.
- Experience in establishing professional and well-organized communication with partner organizations, stakeholders, and community advocates.
- Familiarity with community development principles and tools.
- Experience in any (or all) of the following: data collection, analysis, and the creation of reports; designing online UX and/or digital product management; developing ambassador programs; grant writing or project administration; establishing metrics, gleaning community insights, tracking & measurement.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
Academy employees will be offered an option to work remotely, however employees must be based in New York.
This is a largely sedentary role.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: $$70,000- $75,000 annually. This is Full-time, exempt position.
In addition to salary, the Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes affordable health insurance, retirement plan with matching employer contribution, personal & career development stipend as well as liberal paid time off policies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.