JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Communications & Network Engagement
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
Under the direction of the Marketing Director, this individual will be responsible for developing and executing the Academy’s digital marketing strategy, to include spearheading our membership, event marketing, and STEM education campaigns. We’re looking for a dynamic individual with experience in digital and social media, art direction, and copywriting, who can help expand our brand’s reach globally while also increasing member engagement and support for the Academy’s mission.
- Design and execute membership and event marketing campaigns, using a mix of social media, digital advertising, and other channels.
- Design and execute paid social campaigns to recruit student participants (ages 13-18) for the Academy’s STEM education and mentoring programs.
- Create and schedule event-specific organic social media posts across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Create social media toolkits for use by the Academy’s promotional partners
- Utilize Google analytics and other tracking tools to measure, monitor and improve the effectiveness of the Academy’s digital marketing efforts.
- Develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of A/B testing protocols and procedures.
- Work closely with the Academy’s scientific program managers to understand audiences and attendance goals for events.
- Work with the membership team to refine the membership value proposition and embed it across all of the Academy’s marketing and communications channels
- In partnership with the Communications Manager, develop a strategic marketing plan to recruit student participants and mentors for the Academy’s STEM education initiatives.
- Actively participate in the Academy’s editorial planning group and social media working groups.
- Assist with other Academy marketing initiatives, launches, and projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree required. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital and social media marketing
- Experience with paid social and digital advertising platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Google Adwords
- Excellent communication, writing, and project management skills
- Demonstrated skills in social media
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate simultaneous projects and move quickly from idea to implementation
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, MailChimp (or similar), Adobe, InDesign, Photoshop and HTML a plus
- Prior experience in a science-based organization, or a degree in one or more scientific disciplines, a definite plus.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Examples world be lifting files, opening filling cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity and equal consideration will be afforded to all personnel actions involving applicants and employees, including (but not limited to) recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, job assignments, working conditions, rates of pay or other compensation, discipline, transfer and layoff, or termination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to both full-time and part-time staff that includes affordable health care insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, and liberal vacation time and holiday schedule.