DEPARTMENT: Meeting & Event Ops
REPORTS TO: Director, Meeting Operations
Work closely with internal stakeholders, and shared services teams to plan and execute a wide variety of in-person, virtual and hybrid events.
- Manage and execute assigned meetings/events in accordance with the Academy’s operating polices and guidelines. Able to strike a balance between client satisfaction and effective business management.
- Coordinate logistical details; including meeting room set-up, audio-visual, registration/hospitality, food functions, on-site staff, transportation, security, communication and special events for events in-house, as well as off site.
- Ability to prioritize effectively; capacity to manage multiple priorities meeting deadlines and responding to changing priorities
- Develop, manage and reconcile program budgets and timelines for meetings and events from end to end including, venue, F & B, collateral production, conference promotion, AV, etc.
- Responsible for all speaker coordination associated with events including: collecting presentations and permissions, virtual event speaker testing and gathering speaker logistic requirements for on-site execution.
- Responsible for the creation, customization and configuration of virtual and live event registration pages and virtual platform
- Generate and distribute reports: registrant, attendee, polling responses, and Q&A for virtual events
- Prepare all meeting/conference documentation for participants; collaborates with internal teams and vendors to design and produce web-based and printed event materials including Cvent VAH, marketing pieces, attendee packets
- Conduct site searches when necessary; prepare and issues RFPs and summarize responses to include venue description, availability, rate, web page or brochure samples, access to airport, etc.
- Source support vendors for off-site meetings (including but not limited to: AV, special events, temp staff) and act as liaison to communicate meeting specifications and manage execution and delivery.
- Provides event marketing support for assigned events; including management, coordination and fulfillment of client request for artwork production, sourcing images, and collateral production and placement
- Ensure that all meetings are compliant with organization policies, expense guidelines and approval procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2 years professional experience in meeting planning, convention services, virtual event production, project management or hospitality field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; adept at learning new technology tools
- Knowledge of CVENT VAH + REG, basic HTML coding/website maintenance, and EMS a plus.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Judgment and problem-solving skills to resolve unique and/or unanticipated problems.
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, deadline-conscious, politely persistent, composed in stressful situations and capable of juggling several projects at once.
WORK SCHEDULE & ENVIRONMENT:
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
Academy employees will be offered an option to work remotely, however employees must be based in New York.
Must be able to work evenings/weekend as necessary and some travel required.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary for this role is $30.21 per hour ($55,000 annual equivalent). This is Full-time, non-exempt position.
In addition to salary commensurate with experience, the Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes affordable health insurance, retirement plan with matching employer contribution, personal & career development stipend as well as liberal paid time off policies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and desired salary.