DEPARTMENT: Meeting & Event Operations
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Meeting & Event Operations
To provide support to Academy events and Program Managers (as internal clients) in the coordination of speaker and program details including logistics for on and off-site meetings and conferences. To provide meeting services support and coordination of service orders and facility requests to external clients contracted to host events in the Academy’s 8,600 square foot conference center.
- Coordinate logistical details; including meeting room set-up, audio-visual, registration/hospitality, food functions, on-site staff, transportation, security, communication and special events for events in-house, as well as off site.
- Manage and execute assigned external client events in accordance with the Academy’s operating polices and facility guidelines. Must be able to strike balance between customer satisfaction and effective business management, ability to deal with last minute changes and solving problems as they arise.
- Manage numerous projects with different completion deadlines.
- Responsible for all speaker coordination associated with events including: collecting presentations and gathering speaker logistic requirements for on-site execution
- Prepare all meeting/conference documentation for participants; collaborates with outside vendors to design and produce web-based and printed event materials including NYAS event app, marketing pieces, and others.
- Conduct site searches when necessary; prepare and issues RFPs and summarize responses to include hotel description, availability, rate, web page or brochure samples, access to airport, etc.
- Source support vendors for off-site meetings (including but not limited to: AV, special events, temp staff) and act as liaison to communicate meeting specifications and manage execution and delivery.
- Prepare and manage program budgets and timelines for, collateral production, conference promotion, AV, etc.
- Provides event marketing support for assigned events; including management, coordination and fulfillment of client request for artwork production, sourcing images, and collateral production and placement
- Ensure that all meetings are compliant with organization policies, expense guidelines and approval procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 3 years professional experience in meeting planning or convention services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; adept at learning new technology tools
- Knowledge of basic HTML coding/website maintenance, and EMS a plus.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, deadline-conscious, politely persistent, and capable of juggling several projects at once.
Must be able to work evenings/weekend as necessary and some travel required.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Examples world be lifting files, opening filling cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.