DEPARTMENT: Conference Center Operations
REPORTS TO: Manager, Registration and Customer Service
Cultivate and maintain positive relations with current and prospective members and other Academy stakeholders by providing accurate, efficient, and responsive services. Provide the highest level of service to all customers and strive to improve retention and engagement, while taking advantage of opportunities to cross-sell wherever possible. Ensure timely and accurate order processing.
Supports the logistics and execution of NYAS sponsored events, as well as external events, both onsite at the NYAS conference center and other meeting locations. Performs general administrative duties in support of both membership and conference center departments.
- Respond to all customers’ inquiries received by phone, email, in person, and via mail in a courteous and prompt manner
- Use AMS database to create and maintain customer records; update information; generate invoices/receipts, and process memberships, event registrations, donations, and publications orders based on established guidelines. Issue compensation or refunds to customers when required, and maintain accurate and timely records of all correspondences and/or discussions with customers in the system.
- Generate monthly membership reports and send out communication regarding membership renewal invoices and notices, welcome kit mailing list, and new and renewing magazine subscriptions
- Provide members/customers with accurate information on scheduled events, special promotions and all services.
- Process Membership Creation and Renewals in the AMS database for specific groups and programs of the Academy.
- Assist meeting coordinators on assigned events with tasks including, but not limited to: maintaining registration and attendance data spreadsheets; preparing name badges and collate registration packets; handling onsite registration forms; and providing on site event support.
- Work with Accounting Department & Program Managers to reconcile event registration revenue and maintain timely and accurate records for each event
- Create and deploy e-mail blasts and surveys in support of meetings registration activity and/or other initiatives.
- Read all relevant Academy communications, and collateral upon publication to ensure that information provided is current. Cross-sell and up-sell membership and other products to customers, based on interest and relevance.
- Work to develop improvements to delivery of services and department operations; share ideas on identifying and satisfying member/customer interests.
- Submit and process Invoices for specific groups with membership agreements with the Academy.
- Provide updates to membership benefit program partners on a regular basis, for members opting into their services.
- Tracking of response times to customer inquiries to maintain established metrics for performance.
- Provide switchboard /front desk relief coverage and other duties as assigned.
- College degree. 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Membership or Registration database experience a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Customer Service experience in an education or non-profit organization a plus.
- Strong experience with personal computer applications including Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail Merge, Internet, web based event registration systems, and use of database management systems. HTML experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, organizational and follow-up skills.
Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to accommodate on-site event staffing.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. Examples world be lifting files, opening filling cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.