JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator, Virtual Programs
DEPARTMENT: Global STEM Alliance
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, Virtual Programs
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing student and mentor activities for the Academy’s virtual education programs, which serve students between the ages of 13-17 in over 100 countries. The Program Coordinator provides a range of support to the program team including, recruitment of students and mentors, community management, and event support.
- Provide support to members of the GSA team working on the virtual education programs.
- Assist with mentor recruitment, management, and training, including being the first point of contact for mentors as they are working with students over the course of the academic year.
- Create and manage a newsletter calendar, including curating content.
- Assist the team with community management, including supporting students on the Academy’s virtual platform Launchpad.
- Manage the student participant database including tracking student participation across programs.
- Coordinate a monthly speaker series for students and mentors, including recruiting speakers and setting up virtual events.
- Assist with the management of the Global STEM Alliance Summit. An annual event that brings together students from over 100 countries for 3 days of STEM activities.
- Prepare and manage confidential materials needed to maintain databases, and report on donor activity and grants.
- Bachelor’s degree. Some graduate work or a Master’s Degree in a STEM discipline preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in a non-profit or educational setting including programs that target youth or mentoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Facility with digital tools, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), meeting software (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Zoom), and online databases and management systems.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize, and work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- This position requires a high level of professionalism, as well as the ability to handle confidential/proprietary information with discretion.
- This position requires strong written and oral communication skills with diverse stakeholders, the ability to provide constructive feedback to scientists in training and work independently to identify and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to easily and quickly develop rapport with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Passion for furthering the development of science education and the opportunities for youth
*Academy staff will continue to work remotely until September 2021.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. The standard workweek is 35 hours unless otherwise noted.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to an actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.