Title: Program Coordinator
Department: Global STEM Alliance
Reports to: Associate Director, Science Alliance
*This opportunity is open to SALT alumni only.
The Science Alliance program at The New York Academy of Sciences is looking to recruit a part-time Project Coordinator to work collaboratively with our team. This individual will be responsible for supporting Science Alliance Leadership Training (SALT) virtual programming through 2021. The Project Coordinator will be working closely with the Science Alliance Associate Director to plan twelve (12) SALT webinars, monitor discussions in the online community, and support program evaluation. The candidate will have an interest in program management, design and evaluation as well as be passionate about supporting the mission of the Science Alliance. The ideal candidate will need to be highly organized, adaptable, innovative, and able to prioritize tasks while managing to work independently when necessary.
The Program Coordinator will be expected to commit to 10 hours/ week for 33 weeks, beginning on June 29, 2020 and ending February 15, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Associate Director by organizing and implementing virtual SALT programming through 2021. This includes identifying possible webinar topics and speakers as well as supporting with program logistics.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of the above
- Identify relevant articles, job postings and other information to share with the SALT community
- Support the external evaluator on program evaluation, including the longitudinal studies
- Convene and report periodically on the status of the programs to the Associate Director
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Excellent decision making & leadership skills
- Good understanding of project management methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to define situations, document data, and draw conclusions
- Exceptional time/task management capabilities & capacity to meet milestones and deadlines
How To Apply:
Please send applications to SAjobs@nyas.org. Applications must include resume and cover letter.