DEPARTMENT: Global STEM Alliance (GSA)
REPORTS TO: Chief Product Officer
The Global STEM Alliance (GSA) is committed to building programs to help inspire and prepare the global youth to find, love and excel in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). These programs will not only make a difference in the lives of youth globally, but can significantly change global dynamics by helping to create the next scientifically literate and engaged generation.
The GSA Product Manager will help drive global science education initiatives at the Academy by focusing on product planning and execution throughout the lifecycle of our initiatives, supporting development of our innovation platform, to transform our STEM initiative into a modern digital program, and develop new products that leverage our network and unique brand.
- Develop and implement an end-to-end strategy for welcoming, on-boarding/training and engaging mentors and students, ensuring smooth program implementation and consistent communication through program lifecycle.
- Own and execute on mentor and student communication calendar.
- Develop and execute on recruitment strategies for The Junior Academy, leveraging the Academy network for students and mentors
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to inform and enhance The Junior Academy program.
- Work with the GSA and Academy development staff to manage and communicate with key stakeholders, including funders. Activities could include attending fundraising meetings and assisting in grant applications and reports.
Program Management for the Junior Academy
The Junior Academy is an international community of students ages 13-18 working on solutions to innovation challenges sponsored by top companies. Challenges are focused on solving real-world issues focused on sustainability, biodiversity, nutrition and much more.
Primary owner for all aspects of The Junior Academy program:
- Develop and implement mentor training curriculum.
- Monitor mentor/student discussion boards.
- Coordinate development of curriculum and training deliverables with instructional design and education teams.
- Launchpad is an innovation platform and community of international problem solvers using science and technology to address challenges facing society today. Launchpad supports The Junior Academy program and a host of open innovation challenges sponsored by top companies.
Product Management for The Junior Academy & Launchpad
- Support ideation and development of Launchpad.
- Work with the team on product design end-to-end—including researching user needs, gathering requirements, scoping and designing creative solutions, articulating and prioritizing detailed feature definitions.
- Project manage aspects of Launchpad platform development using Agile methodology.
- Support ongoing maintenance of the Launchpad platform—identifying bugs, working with developers to test and deploy fixes.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative basis on a regular basis to inform product decisions and roadmap.
- Host challenges on Launchpad for The Junior Academy—creating assets, importing new users and managing the onboarding process.
- Collaborate on product roadmap.
- Delegate and supervise tasks to the Project Coordinator. Including but not limited to: monitoring discussion boards and answering student queries for The Junior Academy.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with strong experience handling professional correspondence.
- Strong editing, proofreading skills with attention to detail. Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and meets deadlines.
- Experience developing educational technology solutions—managing engineers, designers and outside vendors.
- Comfortable using Excel and Google Analytics to analyze data.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of six years relevant experience required; experience in a non-profit environment, or volunteer coordination would be a plus. More important is a passion for STEM, strong organizational skills, and an enthusiasm to learn and grow in a demanding environment.
- Familiarity with community development principles and tools that strengthen community participation.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filling cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.