(TEMPORARY- thru January 31, 2024)
REPORTS TO: SVP, Education
The New York Academy of Sciences seeks a dynamic educator with experience working in innovative educational systems. The Project Manager, International Education Projects is a full-time temporary role to support an existing grant in PreK-12 STEAM education. Reporting to the SVP of Education, the Project Manager will support a portfolio of STEAM education deliverables to support teacher fellowships, online student programs and frameworks, standards and curriculum. This position includes managing internal and external stakeholders including educational leaders, educators and contracting specialists. The Project Manager will work collaboratively with NYAS education and science departments, administration and development, and draw upon the resources of NYAS to maximize the impact of the programs.
The Project Manager, Special Projects will serve as the project manager for the day to day activities associated with a STEAM education grant focused on building capacity in an international education context. In addition, the Project Manager will be the primary manager of two work streams that include a fellowship program for teachers and the implementation and iteration of STEAM standards, curricula and frameworks. As Project Manager, this position will include (where appropriate) budget management, additional contractors, implementation and completion of deliverables, grant and client management and internal deliverables and project updates. The Project Manager will work closely with the NYAS education team and the educators on site in the field to develop implementation plans; progress and iteration design and approaches to meet benchmarks and goals; realistic timelines and precise deliverables.
This is a temporary full-time position that is scheduled to end January 31, 2024.
- Serve as the day to day project manager on a capacity building grant for a emerging network of highly innovative schools in the middle east
- Manage external relationships with school, operations and leadership staff
- Design and implement a small teacher fellowship for the Summer and Fall of 2023.
- Support the education team in the field, and within NYAS’ network, to create and modify STEAM standards, curriculum and frameworks to reflect school-based implementation and on-going evaluation.
- Support creation and implementation for an Open Innovation Challenge program as part of the NEOM STEAM schools’ community engagement efforts, with NYAS staff, NYAS international network of scientists, and Neom Education leadership.
- Work closely with NYAS’ marketing, membership and development department to publicize and share the existing work products
- Plan and implement programming for constituents listed above.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and manage annual budgets for programs including working with NYAS budget department to ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage outside contractors as needed;
- Organize and support networking and community-building opportunities for program educators within the programs;
- Travel to the field to conduct in-person coordination and progress evaluation.
- 8 or more years’ experience in teaching and learning in PreK- 12 STEAM or related education fields, in formal and informal learning environments.
- Experience in key areas of education including teacher training and development, curriculum and school design, innovation in educational structures, and long-term systems planning.
- Familiarity with and some engagement in research and/or practice in international models for PreK-12 exemplary STEAM programs. Knowledge of International Baccalaureate preferred.
- Strong project management skills and comfort managing and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel internationally
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
Academy employees work a hybrid schedule with onsite days arranged based on team preferences and business need. Employees must be based in New York.
This is a largely sedentary role.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: $68,000 - $75,000 annually depending on experience.
This is Temporary, Full-time, exempt position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume and cover letter.