DEPARTMENT: The Sackler Institute for Nutrition Science
REPORTS TO: Director
As a 501(c) (3) charity organization, the Academy seeks philanthropic support to carry out its mission and ensure that the institution has the resources, talent, and ability to deliver them. As a member of the The Sackler Institute for Nutrition Science, the Program Manager will assist in steering diverse scientific projects. This is a unique opportunity for a person with excellent writing and interpersonal skills and a passion for nutrition science.
- Supports and facilitates working groups/task forces engaged in research (data analysis, program & policy delivery, acting as a project liaison between the Sackler Institute and experts, consultants, r and if applicable, the donor agency
- Develops background scientific documentation using literature review and publicly available databases in relations to nutrition topics of interests with a focus on nutritional epidemiology
- Identifies and solicits experts to join Scientific Organizing Committees and Technical Advisory Committees tasked with providing expertise to the Institute, and build a solid, professional relationship with these experts
- Provide information update and proactively research information and data related to the activities under his/her responsibility
- Manage the development of scientific convening from beginning through completion, including facilitating discussions of the Committees, helping craft a well-balanced and relevant scientific agenda; working with Academy’s support team on logistics, audio-visual set up, and communication.
- Monitor, compile and consolidate information in nutrition science and policy related to the mission of the Institute.
- Occasionally compile and analyze scientific data for presentations to Working Group members and Board Committee members, reports, and articles.
- In collaboration with the Development department, write grants and reports.
- Work across programs of the Academy including Conference Center, Development, Communication, Marketing, and Annals.
- Manage the dissemination of project outputs through post-meeting reports and manuscript for peer-review if applicable.
- PhD and at least 2 year post-doctoral experience in the field of Nutrition with significant focus on nutritional epidemiology or Master of Science in epidemiology with a nutrition focus and 5 year experience in scientific settings
- Ability to conduct and summarize literature reviews.
- Competence in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and across sector with scientists from diverse locations.
- Interest and fluency in the multiple aspects that relate to nutrition science beyond epidemiology, e.g. policy development, technological innovation, structure of the food systems, public health.
- Strong capacity to translate scientific ideas and concepts into concrete activities
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive manner (writing samples will be requested).
- Excellent oral communication skills, as well as strong editing and proofreading skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in both collaborative and independent settings.
- Work and experience in low and middle income countries a plus
- Interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact with high level global experts and executive level leaders.
- Strong commitment to rigorous and ethical scientific approach in all aspects of the job.
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filling cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Occasional travel may be necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover and salary requirements.