JOB TITLE: Sponsorship Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Meeting & Event Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Meeting Operations
Generate sponsorship revenue for a portfolio of NYAS conferences/meetings/events through the sale of sponsorship packages for virtual, in person and hybrid events. Develop and execute long-term and short-term strategies to generate sponsorship revenue through the sales of packages consisting of existing assets and new opportunities.
- Lead and manage all facets of the sponsorship sales process including strategy development, identifying new and emerging categories, prospect outreach, presentations, negotiating, and closing partnerships
- After consultation with scientific programs team, research and evaluate funding feasibility for new and existing conferences/meetings/events through market research.
- Develop sponsorship prospectus and collateral materials used to support sponsorship sales. Write effective and persuasive pitch decks and proposals as well as scripts for sponsorship solicitation via phone, email, social media (i.e. linkedin, etc) and build customized sponsorship opportunities where necessary to meet client’s needs.
- Sell sponsorship packages through focused prospecting, development of client contacts, outreach through written, voice and online engagement, effective closing and execution.
- Work closely with Meeting Operations team and Marketing/Communications teams to execute fulfillment and delivery of sponsor recognition including securing appropriate assets from sponsor (i.e. logos, etc)
- Develop annual sales plan and strategy with actionable steps to achieve the organization’s revenue goals
- Prepare sales contracts to send out to clients, and manage the customer interaction to fully executed contract.
- Document all client interactions, updates, progress in appropriate systems. Provide POP (Proof of Performances) documentation and archiving for sponsorship elements and reporting to sponsor.
- Develop long term relationships with sponsors to increase retention and renewal of repeat programming as well as expansion of sponsorship to new programs and/ or by increase in funding commitment.
- Working with scientific programs teams, Operations and Marketing/Communications to develop creative new sponsor packages, recognition and offerings to grow revenue
- Partner with Marketing to determine how sponsorship tiers and associated marketing treatment / cost correlate. Help position Academy marketing / PR as a competitive differentiator in attracting sponsors.
- Responding to inbound sponsorship inquiries.
- Develop and distribute dashboard and reporting to relevant stakeholders on event level and annual revenue targets.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 - 5 years related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, MS Teams, Raisers Edge and CRMs
- Must be able to learn quickly and have the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, deadline-conscious, politely persistent, service focused and a strong closer
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
*Academy staff will continue to work remotely thru August 2021.
The New York Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, adhering to the laws which prohibit discrimination in the terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Academy policy expressly prohibits discrimination in employment because of any legally impermissible classification, including but not limited to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and desired salary to be considered.