DEPARTMENT: Global STEM Alliance
REPORTS TO: Director, Education
Scope of Responsibilities
This position will be a part of the virtual mentoring team at the Academy and will be expected to build capacity in the areas of recruitment and partner management. This person will be expected to work independently, provide ideas and solutions and, when appropriate, shadow the virtual mentoring team. This position will work on a large scale, cross department grant that will provide in person and virtual mentorship and research opportunities to high school students, teachers and scientists around the world. The ideal candidate will have an interest in building an international network of school and organizational contacts, international comparative education and partnership management.
- Build recruitment partnerships with schools and youth serving organizations and universities and other scientific organizations to provide mentees and mentors for the new virtual mentoring program.
- This position will research new partnerships, conduct outreach to brief potential partners on the program, secure applications from the programs and provide feedback to the partners.
- Conduct research on best practices in partnership management, educational differences amongst college going high school populations and incentives for scientists from different regions to volunteer their time.
- Review and suggest ways to improve administrative processes.
- Build rapport across the Academy and attend meetings. When appropriate, attend high level meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills — ability to easily and quickly develop rapport with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to problem solve.
- Passion for international education and impact.
- Knowledge of best practices in online learning and/or community management a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Field (or related).
Hours / Duration
This is a paid position. Academic credit may be substituted in certain circumstances where applicable.
Duration: Approximately 10–15 hours per week for up to one year.
How to Apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.