REPORTS TO: Chief Administrative Officer
The Web Content Manager is part of the Marketing team and is responsible for the overall management and optimization of the NYAS website and other web properties. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of web development, content management, digital marketing, and analytics.
- Develop and execute a web strategy that aligns with the overall business goals of NYAS.
- Manage the NYAS website content, including planning, development, and optimization.
- Oversee the design and development of new website features and functionality.
- Work with vendors to manage the NYAS website infrastructure and hosting.
- Track and analyze website traffic and performance data to make informed decisions about improvements.
- Web Strategy & Roadmap: Develop and execute a web strategy that aligns with the overall business goals of NYAS. This includes developing and maintaining the website roadmap, as well as managing integration of WordPress plugins and key integrations.
- Digital Content Management & Site Design: Collaborate with stakeholders to plan and execute the content, creative asset calendar, and site architecture for NYAS.org. Develop and recommend content guidelines, governance, and workflows. Manage multimedia content and the site's taxonomy, content tagging data model, and templates.
- Website Product Owner: Provide CMS technical support and guidance to content producers, set up new users, and run reports. Manage the web roadmap and vendor web developers and UX designers to deliver the roadmap to budget and time. Work with NYAS technology resources on development work. Support the site with daily quality assurance (QA).
- Digital Marketing, Merchandising, & Optimization: Maintain, analyze, and train stakeholders in web analytics to continually improve web content and user experience. Own NYAS's Google Tag Management strategy. Establish specific KPIs and ensure necessary reporting to track, analyze, and report on-site metrics, performance, and customer data. Demonstrate experience leading and managing search engine optimization (SEO) performance. Conduct quarterly business readouts to key stakeholders and leadership. Use customer and market insights to develop hypotheses and create a test-and-learn plan for improving experiences and functionality across the web ecosystem. Track and document user journeys and conversion funnels making recommendations for improvements. Own the site's merchandising strategy including the deployment of personalized recommendations and merchandising. Partner with marketing on behavioral tracking on websites.
- Other Web Properties / Technologies: Lead the roadmap, vendor management, digital marketing, and digital content management for the ISR micro-site and Instapage landing page tool. Ensure Instapage and Cvent connect to the larger web and web analytics strategy.
- Projects: Work with NYAS staff and consultants on web projects, including launching of the 2023 NYAS redesign go live. Assist Marketing on email template creation. Support web projects (e.g., migration of existing microsites into larger NYAS website).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field, as well as 5+ years of experience in website content or digital marketing. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of HTML, content management systems, digital content development, information architecture, search engine optimization, web analytics, and accessibility.
In addition to the technical skills required for this position, the ideal candidate will also have the following non-technical skills:
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to plan, organize, and carry out work to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Successful performance in a matrix/cross-functional team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- May be required to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of contractors and other staff assigned to support the NYAS website.
WORK SCHEDULE/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted. However, this management role will require intermittent website monitoring, trouble shooting, and resolutions during off hours between 6AM and 9AM and between 5PM and 10PM to ensure website access, display, and experience is functional.
Academy employees work on a hybrid schedule with in-office days scheduled by management. Employees must be based in New York.
This is a largely sedentary role.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Up to 95,000 Annually
This is Full-time, Exempt position. In addition to salary, the Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes affordable health insurance, retirement plan with matching employer contribution, personal & career development stipend as well as liberal paid time off policies.
Additional Work Schedule/ Work Environment information:
Intermittent website monitoring, trouble shooting, and resolutions during off hours between 6AM and 9AM and between 5PM and 10PM may be required to ensure website access, display, and experience is functional.