2020 Academy Ambassadors Welcome
Thank you for being a 2020 New York Academy of Sciences Ambassador!
It's a new decade and it's more important than ever for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) advocates to work together to build greater public understanding of science. We share your passion for science and together we'll work to amplify the importance of STEM education and science-based policies through social media. Thank you for joining us in this important work!
Below is an outline of how to participate as a volunteer in the 2020 Academy Ambassadors Program:
- Follow the Academy on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Check the monthly content page linked below for specific social media post suggestions.
- Some of the suggested content you can simply copy and paste onto your preferred social media platforms.
- Other suggested content gives you the chance to personalize the content by adding your own thoughts and images.
- Create and post your own content in support of STEM literacy.
- Images and videos help your content reach more people and helps grow your following - make sure to use them whenever possible.
- Include Academy hashtags, such as #IAmNYAS or #STEMHorizons, so that we can see your posts. This also makes it easier for us to like and possibly share your posts!
- Share and re-post the content from the Academy that you find inspiring and informative.
- Make sure to always abide by the Academy Ambassador Community Guidelines.
The Academy’s mission is focused on advancing scientific research, education, and policy. That mission is more urgent than ever. We're so glad to have your help in supporting this mission—science, technology, and teamwork are key parts of the solution to many of the challenges that we face!