Academy Ambassador Community Guidelines
As we work together to build a more science literate society and inspire new generations to pursue careers in STEM, we ask that you keep a few things in mind when posting to social media as an Academy Ambassador.
- Represent your views as your own. When you post to social, it's important that your followers understand that your posts are your own. In particular, if you mention that you are an Academy Ambassador in your Twitter bio, for instance, please make sure to also include language such as "Views are my own."
- Help foster collegial and professional discussions. As a community dedicated to communicating scientific information to improve the lives of others, we hope you will uphold community standards of civility and courtesy. To that end:
- Avoid posting material or engaging in social media activities that are discriminatory, abusive, harassing, or defamatory.
- Make every effort to respect copyright law and not to engage in other illegal activity via social media.
- Do not use the Academy logos for endorsements. Do not use the Academy name or logo to promote a product, or political party or candidate on personal sites or social media.
If you engage in any of the above, or other behaviors we deem harmful to this community, we reserve the right to remove you from the Academy Ambassadors program.
Thank you and we look forward to building a stronger scientific community with you.