Instagram Takeover How To
We're so excited you'll be doing an Instagram Takeover! To help make things a little bit easier, here's a short how to, along with a few sample posts to give you some ideas.
- We'd like for you to contribute at least five photos during your takeover.
- Just email our Communications Manager with your photos and captions throughout your Takeover day and we'll choose the best ones to share.
- For each photo that you send, make sure to suggest a caption that you would like us to include. We may edit it slightly for style and length.
- Hashtags are optional.
- If you have a favorite Instagram filter, feel free to share that. Otherwise we'll choose the one that works best.
- For your first post, include an introduction that gives followers some information about you. (See Steph's example below.)
- For your last post of the day, make sure to thank everyone for joining you. (See Steph's example below.)
- Have fun! Show us what you think is fun and exciting about your day.
- Make sure the photo shows people what you're doing during the day - show us the people, places, and activities you're engaged in throughout the day. (See examples below.)
- Make sure the image can stand alone without a caption. It shouldn’t need too much explanation.
NOTE: Our Communications Manager has final approval of any photos, captions, and hashtags that are posted to our Instagram account.
Sample Intro Post
Good morning from the New York Academy of Sciences' Global STEM Alliance--SWL here with my caramel iced coffee and a full schedule, ready to meet students from the Bronx, mentor some up and coming young women in STEM, and do some strategic planning! Join me, won't you? #mentor #womeninSTEM #students #adayinthelife #education #STEM #coffee #fridaymorning
Sample Thank You Post
Back home after a busy week in Education. When the week starts with teams of high school students at the Precollege Leadership Institute pitching ideas to help their communities on issues of air and water quality and asthma prevention and ends with a Periodic Table of Muppets, you feel pretty good about your career choices! Thanks for joining me on my takeover! #careergoals #lifegoals #adayinthelife
Additional Sample Posts
Our Virtual Programming team (ViP team!) has weekly meetings to catch up on all our program happenings, but our brilliant leader, Stephanie Wortel-London, also cares about our mental health and brings coloring books for us to enjoy while we debrief. #CatsInHats #DNACarpet #DreamTeam #VIP #ILoveMyJob