STEM Education Framework
Get Started Today by Downloading the STEM Education Framework
A Framework for 21st-century STEM Learning
- Based on the latest learning science and education research
- Developed by the New York Academy of Sciences, a 200 year-old institution dedicated to advancing scientific research, education, and policy, and SRI Education, a division of SRI International and an established leader in STEM education research, instructional design, implementation, and evaluation
- Reviewed by an international advisory board of education experts
An Open Educational Resource
The STEM Education Framework is a freely available resource to be used by anyone engaged in STEM education—curriculum developers, content providers, teachers, students, parents, school leaders, policymakers, and philanthropists—to ensure that their efforts align to sound pedagogy and best practices. The framework outlines 26 features of quality STEM education in three fundamental areas:
- Core Competencies: To what extent are students provided with opportunities to develop essential 21st-century skills?
- Instructional Design: To what extent do the materials and/or program design reflect research-based pedagogy and a cohesive system of learning objectives, supports, and assessment resources?
- Implementation: To what extent are necessary supports or services available to facilitate distribution and ensure effective implementation?