The Sackler Institute for Nutrition Science develops and advances science-based solutions to pressing challenges in the field of nutrition by:
- Convening and coordinating with experts across basic and applied biomedical research fields impacted by nutrition
- Developing roadmaps to guide global implementation of evidence-based solutions
- Supporting research aligned with our mission
- Supporting uptake of new knowledge and evidence to effect domestic and international policy change
In support of our mission we provide:
- A Forum to Convene, Debate, Analyze and Build Roadmaps
We facilitate debate and analysis across sectors and disciplines to drive nutrition research and champion evidence-based changes in nutrition policy and practice.
- Direct Grant Support
Guided by A Global Research Agenda for Nutrition Science (2013), we provide grant support for research that fills knowledge and evidence gaps and advocates for evidence-based changes in policy and practice. Learn more about the Sackler Institute's Research Fund.
- A Neutral Environment
The principles of neutrality and independence are central to the modus operandi of the Sackler Institute and the Academy. These principles have special meaning in the nutrition field due to a long history of disparate views on best practices in the areas of food production and consumption.
- Networking Opportunities
In a survey of more than 200 Sackler Institute event attendees, 90% of respondents indicated they plan to attend future events, and nearly 70% made new professional contacts during the event. Many respondents provided examples of concrete collaborations initiated directly following their participation, such as developing a joint proposal, co-authoring a publication, generating new business, and receiving invitations to speak.