This workshop will bring together an international group of interdisciplinary academics new to, and established in, silk research with backgrounds of bioscience, chemistry, physics, materials science, and engineering. Within this forum researchers will discuss the current status of the field and determine the key questions for the future. The talks across these research areas will serve as a basis for discussions about research directions, technical challenges, integration paths, and potential utility areas of silk.
Session topics include:
- Silk protein production & processing
- Structure-function relationships in silk
- Applications of silk-based materials
- Integration of silk with abiotic materials
- Computational modeling for hypothesis testing