This event is an official satellite meeting of the International Society for Neurochemistry.
This conference is being held in honor of
John P. Blass, MD, PhD
Professor Emeritus, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience
Weill Medical College of Cornell University
Burke Medical Research Institute
Our understanding of the interaction of mitochondria with other cellular organelles, with transcription, and in the ability to detect oxidative modification of macromolecules has improved significantly in the past decade. Moreover, the roles of mitochondria and oxidative stress are better defined in the pathophysiology of neurodegenerative disorders. The goal of this meeting is to determine what we need to know to move towards better therapies. The conference will combine basic, clinical and translational research in a forum designed to provide the most current information on aspects of mitochondrial function and its relationship to age-related neurodegenerative diseases and their treatment.
Scientific Organizing Committee
M. Flint Beal, MD, Weill Medical College of Cornell University
Gary E. Gibson, PhD, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Burke Medical Research Institute
Rajiv R. Ratan, MD, PhD, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Burke Medical Research Institute
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Federation for Aging Research
- Burke Medical Research Institute/Winifred Masterson Burke Foundation Inc.
- International Society of Neurochemistry
- Springer Publishing Company
- Weill Medical College and Graduate School of Medical Sciences at Cornell University
- Merck Research Laboratories
- Mr. and Mrs. William Littleford
- Ellison Medical Foundation
- United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation
- The National Institute on Aging
- Seahorse Bioscience